- Cyprus First Division
- 17:00 AEK Larnaca vs Anorthosis England Championship
- 20:45 Blackburn Rovers vs Middlesbrough France Ligue 2
- 20:45 Caen vs Ajaccio France National
- 20:45 Annecy vs Concarneau Greece Super League
- 17:30 Asteras Tripolis vs Apollon Smirnis Israel Israeli Premier League
- 19:30 Beitar Jerusalem vs Hapoel Tel Aviv Israel Liga Leumit
- 18:00 Beitar Tel Aviv Ramla vs Hapoel Afula
- 18:00 Hapoel Ramat Gan vs Hapoel Ra'anana
- 18:00 Hapoel Petah Tikva vs Sektzia Nes Tziona Portugal LigaPro
- 15:30 Academico Viseu vs Sporting Covilhã
- 21:15 Leixões vs GD Chaves Romania Liga I
- 15:30 Botoşani vs Sepsi
Walsall will welcome Newport County to Banks's Stadium for a matchday 25 fixture in England EFL League Two. The last meeting on 18th September 2021 ended in a Newport County 2-1 win. Both sides have met six times in the most recent seasons. Walsall has won 0 matches, and Newport County triumphed in 3. Recent outings average 1.50 goals, while both teams score 50% of the time.
Walsall's last game in the England EFL League Two against Colchester United at home ended in a 3-0 win. Although The Saddlers played less with the ball than their opponent, it was enough to get the result they were hoping for. Walsall was dangerous in both halves and scored in the 22nd, 32nd and 66th minute.
Newport County's previous game in the competition versus Rochdale ended in an away 3-0 loss. Ironsides didn't turn up and failed to create clear cut chances for most of the game.
Since the start of the season, Walsall is more dominant at home. They have four wins out of 13 games on home soil. Although Walsall is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 23% home clean sheets.
Newport County has picked up 10 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Newport County wins 1.43 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Newport County kept a clean sheet in just 21% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Draw or Newport County.
Walsall vs Newport County Betting Tips
Walsall vs Newport County Head to Head
Average stats between Walsall and Newport County in most recent 6 outings in the England EFL League Two.
Walsall vs Newport County Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Walsall and Newport County across current season. Calculated from Walsall's Home stats and Newport County's Away stats.
England EFL League Two Form
- Coming into this game, Walsall has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Walsall has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Walsall has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Walsall has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Walsall has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 2 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 6 occasions.
- Walsall will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Newport County, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Walsall recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Walsall has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 12/21 games for Walsall this season.
- Coming into this game, Newport County has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Newport County has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 11 games for Newport County ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Newport County will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Walsall, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- In the last 5 matches for Newport County, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 14 matches (64% of all matches) involving Newport County has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||28% / 17%||31 %||25 %|
|Draw %||32% / 33%||38 %||25 %|
|Loss %||40% / 50%||31 %||50 %|
|AVG Goals||2.52 / 2.50||2.92||2.08|
|Scored||1.16 / 1.00||1.46||0.83|
|Conceded||1.36 / 1.50||1.46||1.25|
|BTTS %||56% / 67%||69 %||42 %|
|BTTS Win||12% / 17%||15 %||8 %|
|BTTS Loss||20% / 17%||23 %||17 %|
|Scored in Both||24% / 17%||31 %||17 %|
|Scores %||72% / 67%||85 %||58 %|
|Clean Sheet %||24% / 0%||23 %||25 %|
|Frist Goal %||44% / 50%||62 %||25 %|
|Possession %||48% / 53%||47 %||50 %|
|Corners||4.72 / 6.80||5.00||4.42|
|Cards||1.48 / 1.00||1.54||1.42|
|Offsides||1.32 / 1.00||1.08||1.58|
|Fouls||12.48 / 12.40||12.62||12.33|
|Shots||11.80 / 14.40||12.54||11.00|
|Shots on Target||4.56 / 5.20||5.38||3.67|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||42% / 0%||50 %||36 %|
|Draw %||31% / 67%||25 %||36 %|
|Loss %||27% / 33%||25 %||29 %|
|AVG Goals||2.96 / 2.83||3.08||2.86|
|Scored||1.65 / 1.17||2.00||1.36|
|Conceded||1.31 / 1.67||1.08||1.50|
|BTTS %||58% / 83%||50 %||64 %|
|BTTS Win||19% / 0%||25 %||14 %|
|BTTS Loss||12% / 33%||8 %||14 %|
|Scored in Both||31% / 0%||42 %||21 %|
|Scores %||81% / 83%||75 %||86 %|
|Clean Sheet %||27% / 17%||33 %||21 %|
|Frist Goal %||54% / 67%||33 %||71 %|
|Possession %||51% / 48%||55 %||47 %|
|Corners||4.69 / 5.20||5.08||4.36|
|Cards||1.77 / 1.17||1.33||2.14|
|Offsides||1.55 / 0.80||1.60||1.50|
|Fouls||10.31 / 6.80||9.83||10.71|
|Shots||14.65 / 11.40||16.50||13.07|
|Shots on Target||6.58 / 3.40||6.83||6.36|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Walsall vs Newport County Odds
|HT 1||3.00||HT X||1.95||HT 2||3.20|
|Home Win Nil||4.05||Away Win Nil||4.60|
|Over 2.5||2.30||Under 2.5||1.62|
|BTTS Yes||1.90||BTTS NO||1.86|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.25||Under 9.5 Corners||1.62|