Watford will welcome Millwall to Vicarage Road for a matchday 44 fixture in England Championship. The last meeting on 26th January 2021 ended in a 0-0 draw. Both sides have met twelve times in the most recent seasons. Watford has won 7 matches, and Millwall triumphed in 2. Recent outings average 2.42 goals, while both teams score 33% of the time.
Watford's latest fixture against Norwich City ended in an away 1-0 win. The Golden Boys was very effective while counter-attacking. In the end, it was enough to make the difference between the two teams. Watford was more dominant in the second half and scored in the 57 minute.
Millwall's recent game against AFC Bournemouth ended in a home 1-4 loss. The Lions's strikers were frustrated by the lack of good chances. Millwall deserved to score in the second half and did so in the 49th minute.
Since the start of the season, The 'Orns is more dominant at home. They have nineteen wins out of 23 games on home soil. The Hornets's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 61% of home games.
Millwall has picked up 4 points from the previous six league games. Millwall don't feel the pressure of playing away. So far, they earn an average of 1.35 points per game, both home and away.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Recently they enjoy playing at home, having won nine consecutive matches. The Golden Boys is currently unbeaten at home in nine games. Since the start of the season, they have just two home defeats.
The Lions failed to win in three consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Saturday and win against The Golden Boys. Furthermore, they are in really bad away form, having lost two consecutive games on the road.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Watford wins on average 2.57 points per home game, compared to 1.35 points per away game for Millwall. My prediction is Watford to win.
Lately, there are not that many high-scoring games for both sides. I am confident that the tendency will keep going and at least one team will keep a clean sheet. A bet that both sides will score wins in an average of 45% of Watford's home and Millwall's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: No.
Watford vs Millwall Betting Tips
Watford vs Millwall Head to Head
Average stats between Watford and Millwall in most recent 12 outings in the England Championship.
Watford vs Millwall Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Watford and Millwall across current season. Calculated from Watford's Home stats and Millwall's Away stats.
England Championship Form
- Coming into this game, Watford has picked up 9 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Watford has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Watford is in great form, and the home fans will be loving it. They have won the last 9 games that they have played at home.
- Millwall's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Watford from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 15 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 1 home matches this season.
- Watford has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 3 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 23 occasions.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Watford recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Watford has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 16/46 games for Watford this season.
- Coming into this game, Millwall has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Millwall has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Millwall recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- In the last 5 matches for Millwall, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 23 matches (50% of all matches) involving Millwall has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||59% / 67%||83 %||35 %|
|Draw %||22% / 0%||9 %||35 %|
|Loss %||20% / 33%||9 %||30 %|
|AVG Goals||2.02 / 1.50||2.43||1.61|
|Scored||1.37 / 1.00||1.91||0.83|
|Conceded||0.65 / 0.50||0.52||0.78|
|BTTS %||35% / 0%||35 %||35 %|
|BTTS Win||20% / 0%||22 %||17 %|
|BTTS Loss||4% / 0%||4 %||4 %|
|Scored in Both||20% / 0%||26 %||13 %|
|Scores %||74% / 67%||96 %||52 %|
|Clean Sheet %||50% / 67%||61 %||39 %|
|Frist Goal %||70% / 67%||91 %||48 %|
|Possession %||54% / 50%||52 %||56 %|
|Corners||5.67 / 5.00||5.45||5.87|
|Cards||1.84 / 2.40||1.73||1.96|
|Offsides||1.95 / 1.40||2.19||1.73|
|Fouls||12.28 / 14.40||12.38||12.18|
|Shots||12.00 / 12.40||12.14||11.87|
|Shots on Target||4.47 / 4.40||4.95||4.00|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||33% / 33%||30 %||35 %|
|Draw %||37% / 33%||43 %||30 %|
|Loss %||30% / 33%||26 %||35 %|
|AVG Goals||2.15 / 2.00||2.09||2.22|
|Scored||1.02 / 0.83||1.04||1.00|
|Conceded||1.13 / 1.17||1.04||1.22|
|BTTS %||50% / 33%||48 %||52 %|
|BTTS Win||13% / 0%||13 %||13 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 17%||9 %||26 %|
|Scored in Both||15% / 17%||22 %||9 %|
|Scores %||70% / 67%||65 %||74 %|
|Clean Sheet %||37% / 50%||35 %||39 %|
|Frist Goal %||37% / 33%||39 %||35 %|
|Possession %||47% / 46%||50 %||44 %|
|Corners||4.27 / 8.60||4.43||4.10|
|Cards||1.33 / 1.17||1.65||1.00|
|Offsides||1.75 / 1.40||1.95||1.53|
|Fouls||11.43 / 10.60||11.50||11.35|
|Shots||12.16 / 14.80||13.14||11.14|
|Shots on Target||4.47 / 5.40||5.32||3.57|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Watford vs Millwall Odds
|HT 1||2.11||HT X||2.11||HT 2||6.20|
|Home Win Nil||2.30||Away Win Nil||8.00|
|Over 2.5||2.10||Under 2.5||1.71|
|BTTS Yes||2.25||BTTS NO||1.57|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.02||Under 9.5 Corners||1.79|