- Cyprus First Division
- 17:00 AEK Larnaca vs Anorthosis England Championship
- 20:45 Blackburn Rovers vs Middlesbrough France Ligue 2
- 20:45 Caen vs Ajaccio France National
- 20:45 Annecy vs Concarneau Greece Super League
- 17:30 Asteras Tripolis vs Apollon Smirnis Israel Israeli Premier League
- 19:30 Beitar Jerusalem vs Hapoel Tel Aviv Israel Liga Leumit
- 18:00 Beitar Tel Aviv Ramla vs Hapoel Afula
- 18:00 Hapoel Ramat Gan vs Hapoel Ra'anana
- 18:00 Hapoel Petah Tikva vs Sektzia Nes Tziona Portugal LigaPro
- 15:30 Academico Viseu vs Sporting Covilhã
- 21:15 Leixões vs GD Chaves Romania Liga I
- 15:30 Botoşani vs Sepsi
Watford will welcome Tottenham Hotspur to Vicarage Road for a matchday 21 fixture in England Premier League. The last meeting on 29th August 2021 ended in a Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 win. Both sides have met thirteen times in the most recent seasons. Watford has won 1 match, and Tottenham Hotspur triumphed in 8. Recent outings average 2.38 goals, while both teams score 54% of the time.
Watford's last game in the England Premier League against West Ham United at home ended in a 1-4 loss. The final result is not a surprise. The Hornets played less with the ball and therefore had less clear cut chances. Watford scored before halftime in the 4th minute.
Tottenham Hotspur's previous game in the competition versus Southampton ended in an away 1-1 draw. They learned a lesson that day. More ball possession and shots do not always give you good results. Tottenham Hotspur played better before halftime and scored in the 41st minute.
So far, The 'Orns plays better on the road than at home. They win 0.78 points per away game on average compared to 0.64 points at home. Although Watford is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 0% home clean sheets.
Tottenham Hotspur has picked up 11 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Tottenham Hotspur wins 1.40 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Tottenham Hotspur kept a clean sheet in just 30% of their visits.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. The Golden Boys has won just 18% of home games. On average they score 1.00 goals and concede 2.27 per game. Tottenham Hotspur is one of the best teams in the league. On paper, they have a great squad and I expect them to make life difficult for their opponent.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. Watford wins on average 0.64 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against Tottenham Hotspur. My prediction is Tottenham Hotspur to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.93 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 55% of Watford's home and Tottenham Hotspur's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both sides have plenty of quality in the attack which often results in high-scoring games. I don't think this one on Saturday will be any different. On average, both teams score in 55% of Watford's home and Tottenham Hotspur's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Watford vs Tottenham Hotspur Betting Tips
Watford vs Tottenham Hotspur Head to Head
Average stats between Watford and Tottenham Hotspur in most recent 13 outings in the England Premier League.
Watford vs Tottenham Hotspur Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Watford and Tottenham Hotspur across current season. Calculated from Watford's Home stats and Tottenham Hotspur's Away stats.
England Premier League Form
- Coming into this game, Watford has picked up 0 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 5 of those games. Watford has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Tottenham Hotspur's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Watford from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 4 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 3 home matches this season.
- We might see some goals in this one, with the last 6 games involving Watford has ended with 3 or more goals being scored. Will Tottenham Hotspur get in on the action today? There has been a total of 21 goals in the last 5 games for Watford, both home and away.
- Can Watford turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 0 draws and 5 defeats.
- Watford has fired blanks in 7 games this season. That's 41% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 6 goals.
- The last 5 games for Watford has each seen both teams scoring. Will they improve their defence, or will we see more of the same here? This season Watford has seen a total of 10/17 fixtures end with both teams scoring. That's 59% of all matches played.
- It's likely that Watford will score today, as they have netted in the last 6 games coming into this one and have scored 6 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Tottenham Hotspur has picked up 11 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Tottenham Hotspur has scored 11 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Tottenham Hotspur has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 2 games.
- Momentum is really building for Tottenham Hotspur as they have now gone 7 games without losing. They have won 3 of the last 5 games they have played.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 6 games for Tottenham Hotspur ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Tottenham Hotspur has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 3 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 7 occasions.
- Tottenham Hotspur is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Watford, having won 3 and drawn 2. They have scored 11 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Tottenham Hotspur has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 6/17 games for Tottenham Hotspur this season.
- It's likely that Tottenham Hotspur will score today, as they have netted in the last 6 games coming into this one and have scored 11 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||20% / 0%||18 %||22 %|
|Draw %||10% / 17%||9 %||11 %|
|Loss %||70% / 83%||73 %||67 %|
|AVG Goals||3.15 / 3.17||3.27||3.00|
|Scored||1.15 / 0.67||1.00||1.33|
|Conceded||2.00 / 2.50||2.27||1.67|
|BTTS %||55% / 67%||55 %||56 %|
|BTTS Win||20% / 0%||18 %||22 %|
|BTTS Loss||25% / 50%||27 %||22 %|
|Scored in Both||25% / 0%||18 %||33 %|
|Scores %||55% / 67%||55 %||56 %|
|Clean Sheet %||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||25% / 33%||27 %||22 %|
|Possession %||42% / 40%||41 %||43 %|
|Corners||4.35 / 4.00||4.55||4.11|
|Cards||1.95 / 0.67||2.09||1.78|
|Offsides||1.37 / 0.40||1.64||1.00|
|Fouls||13.30 / 12.00||12.36||14.44|
|Shots||12.40 / 12.60||12.27||12.56|
|Shots on Target||5.20 / 4.60||5.55||4.78|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||55% / 50%||70 %||40 %|
|Draw %||15% / 0%||10 %||20 %|
|Loss %||30% / 50%||20 %||40 %|
|AVG Goals||2.50 / 2.50||2.60||2.40|
|Scored||1.30 / 1.17||1.60||1.00|
|Conceded||1.20 / 1.33||1.00||1.40|
|BTTS %||35% / 33%||30 %||40 %|
|BTTS Win||20% / 33%||20 %||20 %|
|BTTS Loss||5% / 0%||0 %||10 %|
|Scored in Both||30% / 17%||50 %||10 %|
|Scores %||70% / 50%||80 %||60 %|
|Clean Sheet %||40% / 17%||50 %||30 %|
|Frist Goal %||45% / 17%||70 %||20 %|
|Possession %||52% / 55%||49 %||56 %|
|Corners||5.79 / 6.40||6.30||5.22|
|Cards||1.80 / 0.67||1.60||2.00|
|Offsides||1.88 / 1.80||2.11||1.63|
|Fouls||10.53 / 10.00||11.40||9.56|
|Shots||14.32 / 20.00||14.20||14.44|
|Shots on Target||6.00 / 6.80||5.80||6.22|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Watford vs Tottenham Hotspur Odds
|HT 1||5.10||HT X||2.32||HT 2||2.22|
|Home Win Nil||8.50||Away Win Nil||2.62|
|Over 2.5||1.65||Under 2.5||2.30|
|BTTS Yes||1.80||BTTS NO||2.02|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.65||Under 9.5 Corners||2.20|