- Asia AFC Champions League
- 11:00 Pohang Steelers vs Ratchaburi
- 15:00 Johor Darul Ta'zim vs Nagoya Grampus
- 23:00 Daegu vs Chiangrai United
- 23:00 Daegu vs Chiangrai United Brazil Serie B
- 20:30 Confiança vs Vila Nova
- 23:00 Ponte Preta vs Operário PR EURO 2020
- 20:00 Croatia vs Scotland
- 20:00 Czech Republic vs England Finland Ykkönen
- 16:30 TPS vs EIF Kazakhstan Kazakhstan Premier League
- 14:00 Astana vs Ordabasy
- 15:00 Akzhayik vs Shakhter Karagandy
- 16:00 Aktobe vs Kyzyl-Zhar Morocco Botola Pro
- 21:30 RSB Berkane vs Wydad Casablanca Norway First Division
- 17:00 Ullensaker - Kisa IL vs Fredrikstad
- 17:00 Bryne vs KFUM
- 17:00 Jerv vs Strømmen
- 17:00 Ranheim vs Raufoss
- 19:00 HamKam vs Sogndal Uruguay Primera División
- 16:45 Liverpool vs Fénix
- 19:00 River Plate vs Plaza Colonia
- 19:00 S.S. Folgore vs Prishtina
- 19:00 HB vs Inter Club d'Escaldes
- 21:15 Cerro Largo vs Sud América
- 23:30 Cerrito vs Boston River
Wellington Phoenix will welcome Western United to Sky Stadium for a matchday 22 fixture in Australia A-League. The last meeting on 22nd April 2021 ended in a 1-1 draw. Both sides have met five times in the most recent seasons. Wellington Phoenix has won 3 matches, and Western United triumphed in 1. Recent outings average 2.80 goals, while both teams score 60% of the time.
Wellington Phoenix's latest fixture against Melbourne City FC ended in an away 2-2 draw. They were not spectacular, so this result seems fair. Wellington Phoenix scored in both halves in the 37th and 88th minute.
Western United's recent game against Sydney FC ended in a home 0-1 loss. Western United's strikers were frustrated by the lack of good chances.
So far, Wellington Phoenix plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.54 points per away game on average compared to 1.38 points at home. Although Wellington Phoenix is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 15% home clean sheets.
Western United has picked up 0 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Western United wins 0.54 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Western United kept a clean sheet in just 15% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Wellington Phoenix is currently unbeaten at home in four games. Since the start of the season, they have just five home defeats.
Western United failed to win in seven consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Saturday and win against Wellington Phoenix. Furthermore, they are in really bad away form, having lost five consecutive games on the road.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Wellington Phoenix wins on average 1.38 points per home game, compared to 0.54 points per away game for Western United. My prediction is Wellington Phoenix to win.
Both teams struggle in defence and concede on regular occasions. Wellington Phoenix failed to keep a clean sheet in 15% of home games, while Western United conceded in 15% of away games. On average, both teams score in 64% of Wellington Phoenix's home and Western United's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Wellington Phoenix vs Western United Betting Tips
Wellington Phoenix vs Western United Head to Head
Average stats between Wellington Phoenix and Western United in most recent 5 outings in the Australia A-League.
Wellington Phoenix vs Western United Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Wellington Phoenix and Western United across current season. Calculated from Wellington Phoenix's Home stats and Western United's Away stats.
Australia A-League Form
- Coming into this game, Wellington Phoenix has picked up 11 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Wellington Phoenix has scored 12 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Wellington Phoenix has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 4 games.
- Western United's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Wellington Phoenix from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 5 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 2 home matches this season.
- Momentum is really building for Wellington Phoenix as they have now gone 11 games without losing. They have won 3 of the last 5 games they have played.
- We might see some goals in this one, with the last 5 games involving Wellington Phoenix has ended with 3 or more goals being scored. Will Western United get in on the action today? There has been a total of 17 goals in the last 5 games for Wellington Phoenix, both home and away.
- Wellington Phoenix is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Western United, having won 3 and drawn 2. They have scored 12 goals in those 5 games.
- In the last 5 matches for Wellington Phoenix, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 17 matches (65% of all matches) involving Wellington Phoenix has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Wellington Phoenix will score today, as they have netted in the last 5 games coming into this one and have scored 12 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Western United has picked up 0 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Western United has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for Western United ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Can Western United turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 0 draws and 5 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Western United recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Western United has fired blanks in 10 games this season. That's 38% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 2 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Western United has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 12/26 games for Western United this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||38% / 0%||38 %||38 %|
|Draw %||31% / 33%||23 %||38 %|
|Loss %||31% / 67%||38 %||23 %|
|AVG Goals||3.00 / 2.33||3.31||2.69|
|Scored||1.69 / 0.67||1.85||1.54|
|Conceded||1.31 / 1.67||1.46||1.15|
|BTTS %||65% / 67%||69 %||62 %|
|BTTS Win||23% / 0%||23 %||23 %|
|BTTS Loss||19% / 33%||23 %||15 %|
|Scored in Both||46% / 0%||54 %||38 %|
|Scores %||81% / 67%||85 %||77 %|
|Clean Sheet %||23% / 0%||15 %||31 %|
|Frist Goal %||58% / 17%||46 %||69 %|
|Possession %||49% / 57%||49 %||50 %|
|Corners||4.88 / 7.67||5.54||4.23|
|Cards||2.23 / 1.83||1.77||2.69|
|Offsides||1.65 / 2.17||2.00||1.31|
|Fouls||10.46 / 10.33||10.00||10.92|
|Shots||15.81 / 19.00||16.69||14.92|
|Shots on Target||5.73 / 7.50||6.31||5.15|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||31% / 33%||46 %||15 %|
|Draw %||15% / 17%||23 %||8 %|
|Loss %||54% / 50%||31 %||77 %|
|AVG Goals||2.96 / 3.17||2.69||3.23|
|Scored||1.15 / 1.33||1.38||0.92|
|Conceded||1.81 / 1.83||1.31||2.31|
|BTTS %||46% / 50%||46 %||46 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 17%||23 %||8 %|
|BTTS Loss||27% / 33%||15 %||38 %|
|Scored in Both||19% / 17%||23 %||15 %|
|Scores %||62% / 67%||69 %||54 %|
|Clean Sheet %||27% / 33%||38 %||15 %|
|Frist Goal %||42% / 50%||38 %||46 %|
|Possession %||49% / 50%||49 %||50 %|
|Corners||4.88 / 5.67||5.38||4.38|
|Cards||2.54 / 2.83||3.00||2.08|
|Offsides||1.77 / 1.33||2.23||1.31|
|Fouls||12.04 / 12.50||12.46||11.62|
|Shots||9.31 / 9.50||9.69||8.92|
|Shots on Target||5.04 / 4.00||5.15||4.92|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Wellington Phoenix vs Western United Odds
|HT 1||0.00||HT X||0.00||HT 2||0.00|
|Home Win Nil||0.00||Away Win Nil||0.00|
|Over 2.5||1.56||Under 2.5||2.40|
|BTTS Yes||1.51||BTTS NO||2.45|
|Over 9.5 Corners||0.00||Under 9.5 Corners||0.00|