West Ham United will welcome Southampton to London Stadium for a matchday 38 fixture in England Premier League. The last meeting on 29th December 2020 ended in a 0-0 draw. Both sides have met nineteen times in the most recent seasons. West Ham United has won 9 matches, and Southampton triumphed in 5. Recent outings average 2.53 goals, while both teams score 53% of the time.
West Ham United's latest fixture against West Bromwich Albion ended in an away 3-1 win. The Irons was very effective while counter-attacking. In the end, it was enough to make the difference between the two teams. West Ham United was much better than West Bromwich Albion in the second half and scored in the 45+1, 82nd and 88th minute.
Southampton's recent game against Leeds United ended in a home 0-2 loss. Saints had plenty of possession, but not so much in the final third of the pitch.
Since the start of the season, West Ham United is more dominant at home. They have ten wins out of 19 games on home soil. Although West Ham United is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 32% home clean sheets.
Southampton has picked up 7 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Southampton wins 0.84 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Southampton kept a clean sheet in just 16% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. The Irons is currently unbeaten at home in one game. Since the start of the season, they have just five home defeats.
Saints failed to win in five consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Sunday and win against The Irons. Furthermore, they are in really bad away form, having lost five consecutive games on the road.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. West Ham United wins on average 1.79 points per home game, compared to 0.84 points per away game for Southampton. My prediction is West Ham United to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 3.06 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 53% of West Ham United's home and Southampton's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both sides have plenty of quality in the attack which often results in high-scoring games. I don't think this one on Sunday will be any different. On average, both teams score in 50% of West Ham United's home and Southampton's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
West Ham United vs Southampton Betting Tips
West Ham United vs Southampton Head to Head
Average stats between West Ham United and Southampton in most recent 19 outings in the England Premier League.
West Ham United vs Southampton Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between West Ham United and Southampton across current season. Calculated from West Ham United's Home stats and Southampton's Away stats.
England Premier League Form
- Coming into this game, West Ham United has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. West Ham United has scored 9 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- West Ham United has put together a good run of form and has now gone 3 games without defeat.
- West Ham United will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Southampton, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- In the last 5 matches for West Ham United, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 22 matches (58% of all matches) involving West Ham United has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Southampton has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Southampton has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 12 games for Southampton ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Southampton recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Southampton has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 18/38 games for Southampton this season.
- Southampton will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 6 times and overall this season they have scored 1.24 goals per game.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||50% / 50%||53 %||47 %|
|Draw %||21% / 17%||21 %||21 %|
|Loss %||29% / 33%||26 %||32 %|
|AVG Goals||2.87 / 2.33||2.84||2.89|
|Scored||1.63 / 1.50||1.68||1.58|
|Conceded||1.24 / 0.83||1.16||1.32|
|BTTS %||58% / 50%||53 %||63 %|
|BTTS Win||26% / 33%||21 %||32 %|
|BTTS Loss||16% / 0%||11 %||21 %|
|Scored in Both||28% / 33%||37 %||21 %|
|Scores %||82% / 67%||84 %||79 %|
|Clean Sheet %||29% / 17%||32 %||26 %|
|Frist Goal %||50% / 17%||68 %||32 %|
|Possession %||43% / 53%||43 %||43 %|
|Corners||4.39 / 4.80||4.58||4.21|
|Cards||1.42 / 1.17||1.37||1.47|
|Offsides||2.00 / 2.00||2.33||1.68|
|Fouls||9.95 / 8.00||10.53||9.37|
|Shots||12.74 / 16.80||11.47||14.00|
|Shots on Target||4.92 / 4.00||4.79||5.05|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||32% / 33%||42 %||21 %|
|Draw %||18% / 17%||16 %||21 %|
|Loss %||50% / 50%||42 %||58 %|
|AVG Goals||3.03 / 2.83||2.79||3.26|
|Scored||1.24 / 1.17||1.47||1.00|
|Conceded||1.79 / 1.67||1.32||2.26|
|BTTS %||47% / 50%||53 %||42 %|
|BTTS Win||13% / 33%||16 %||11 %|
|BTTS Loss||21% / 0%||26 %||16 %|
|Scored in Both||34% / 33%||37 %||32 %|
|Scores %||66% / 50%||79 %||53 %|
|Clean Sheet %||24% / 0%||32 %||16 %|
|Frist Goal %||47% / 33%||63 %||32 %|
|Possession %||52% / 47%||52 %||53 %|
|Corners||4.66 / 5.20||4.89||4.42|
|Cards||1.53 / 1.50||1.32||1.74|
|Offsides||2.05 / 1.60||2.33||1.79|
|Fouls||11.05 / 11.00||11.74||10.37|
|Shots||12.26 / 13.00||13.16||11.37|
|Shots on Target||5.39 / 5.80||5.89||4.89|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
West Ham United vs Southampton Odds
|HT 1||2.15||HT X||2.35||HT 2||4.60|
|Home Win Nil||3.10||Away Win Nil||7.50|
|Over 2.5||1.76||Under 2.5||1.95|
|BTTS Yes||1.62||BTTS NO||2.15|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.76||Under 9.5 Corners||2.06|