Western Sydney Wanderers will welcome Wellington Phoenix to Bankwest Stadium for a matchday 22 fixture in Australia A-League. The last meeting on 15th March 2021 ended in a Western Sydney Wanderers 4-3 win. Both sides have met twenty-six times in the most recent seasons. Western Sydney Wanderers has won 12 matches, and Wellington Phoenix triumphed in 9. Recent outings average 3.08 goals, while both teams score 58% of the time.
Western Sydney Wanderers's latest fixture against Sydney FC ended in an away 1-0 loss. Western Sydney Wanderers dominated the possession of the ball but didn't take advantage of it.
Wellington Phoenix's recent game against Western United ended in a home 3-0 win. Nix dominated the game and deserved the win. Wellington Phoenix had good chances in both halves and scored in the 38th, 57th and 63rd minute.
Since the start of the season, Western Sydney Wanderers is more dominant at home. They have six wins out of 13 games on home soil. Although Western Sydney Wanderers is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 31% home clean sheets.
Wellington Phoenix has picked up 12 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Wellington Phoenix has collected 1.54 points on average per away game, compared to 1.38 at home. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Wellington Phoenix kept a clean sheet in just 31% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Western Sydney Wanderers or Draw.
Both sides are dangerous going forward. Western Sydney Wanderers has scored in 85% of home games. Wellington Phoenix is a decent match and has scored in all away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Western Sydney Wanderers vs Wellington Phoenix Betting Tips
Western Sydney Wanderers vs Wellington Phoenix Head to Head
Average stats between Western Sydney Wanderers and Wellington Phoenix in most recent 26 outings in the Australia A-League.
Western Sydney Wanderers vs Wellington Phoenix Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Western Sydney Wanderers and Wellington Phoenix across current season. Calculated from Western Sydney Wanderers's Home stats and Wellington Phoenix's Away stats.
Australia A-League Form
- Coming into this game, Western Sydney Wanderers has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Western Sydney Wanderers has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Wellington Phoenix's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Western Sydney Wanderers from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 8 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 2 home matches this season.
- Western Sydney Wanderers has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- In the last 5 matches for Western Sydney Wanderers, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 17 matches (65% of all matches) involving Western Sydney Wanderers has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Wellington Phoenix has picked up 11 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Wellington Phoenix has scored 12 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Wellington Phoenix away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 7 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Momentum is really building for Wellington Phoenix as they have now gone 11 games without losing. They have won 3 of the last 5 games they have played.
- We might see some goals in this one, with the last 5 games involving Wellington Phoenix has ended with 3 or more goals being scored. Will Western Sydney Wanderers get in on the action today? There has been a total of 17 goals in the last 5 games for Wellington Phoenix, both home and away.
- Wellington Phoenix is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Western Sydney Wanderers, having won 3 and drawn 2. They have scored 12 goals in those 5 games.
- In the last 5 matches for Wellington Phoenix, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 17 matches (65% of all matches) involving Wellington Phoenix has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Wellington Phoenix will score today, as they have netted in the last 5 games coming into this one and have scored 12 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||35% / 50%||46 %||23 %|
|Draw %||31% / 33%||15 %||46 %|
|Loss %||35% / 17%||38 %||31 %|
|AVG Goals||3.38 / 2.00||3.38||3.38|
|Scored||1.73 / 1.17||2.00||1.46|
|Conceded||1.65 / 0.83||1.38||1.92|
|BTTS %||65% / 67%||54 %||77 %|
|BTTS Win||12% / 33%||15 %||8 %|
|BTTS Loss||23% / 0%||23 %||23 %|
|Scored in Both||27% / 33%||38 %||15 %|
|Scores %||88% / 83%||85 %||92 %|
|Clean Sheet %||23% / 17%||31 %||15 %|
|Frist Goal %||42% / 67%||46 %||38 %|
|Possession %||51% / 50%||48 %||54 %|
|Corners||5.73 / 4.33||6.31||5.15|
|Cards||1.92 / 2.50||1.69||2.15|
|Offsides||2.04 / 1.67||2.62||1.46|
|Fouls||11.08 / 10.17||11.46||10.69|
|Shots||14.96 / 10.67||16.54||13.38|
|Shots on Target||6.38 / 4.83||7.31||5.46|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||38% / 0%||38 %||38 %|
|Draw %||31% / 33%||23 %||38 %|
|Loss %||31% / 67%||38 %||23 %|
|AVG Goals||3.00 / 2.33||3.31||2.69|
|Scored||1.69 / 0.67||1.85||1.54|
|Conceded||1.31 / 1.67||1.46||1.15|
|BTTS %||65% / 67%||69 %||62 %|
|BTTS Win||23% / 0%||23 %||23 %|
|BTTS Loss||19% / 33%||23 %||15 %|
|Scored in Both||46% / 0%||54 %||38 %|
|Scores %||81% / 67%||85 %||77 %|
|Clean Sheet %||23% / 0%||15 %||31 %|
|Frist Goal %||58% / 17%||46 %||69 %|
|Possession %||49% / 57%||49 %||50 %|
|Corners||4.88 / 7.67||5.54||4.23|
|Cards||2.23 / 1.83||1.77||2.69|
|Offsides||1.65 / 2.17||2.00||1.31|
|Fouls||10.46 / 10.33||10.00||10.92|
|Shots||15.81 / 19.00||16.69||14.92|
|Shots on Target||5.73 / 7.50||6.31||5.15|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Western Sydney Wanderers vs Wellington Phoenix Odds
|HT 1||2.75||HT X||2.30||HT 2||3.40|
|Home Win Nil||4.05||Away Win Nil||5.50|
|Over 2.5||1.65||Under 2.5||2.15|
|BTTS Yes||1.41||BTTS NO||2.75|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.36||Under 9.5 Corners||2.88|