- Algeria Ligue 1
- 17:00 Olympique Médéa vs NC Magra
- 17:45 MC Alger vs JS Saoura
- 19:00 JS Kabylie vs US Biskra Brazil Serie A
- 20:00 Flamengo vs América Mineiro
- 20:00 Atlético Mineiro vs São Paulo
- 20:00 Grêmio vs Atlético PR Brazil Serie B
- 20:00 Botafogo vs Remo EURO 2020
- 17:00 Austria vs FYR Macedonia
- 20:00 Netherlands vs Ukraine Finland Ykkönen
- 16:30 JIPPO vs Jaro Latvia Virsliga
- 17:00 Riga vs Noah Jūrmala Morocco Botola Pro
- 19:15 Hassania Agadir vs Wydad Casablanca
- 21:30 Raja Casablanca vs RSB Berkane Norway Eliteserien
- 17:00 Sarpsborg 08 vs Brann
- 17:00 FK Bodo - Glimt vs Mjøndalen
- 17:00 Lillestrøm vs Haugesund
- 17:00 Strømsgodset vs Rosenborg
- 19:00 Viking vs Vålerenga Spain Segunda División
- 20:00 Rayo Vallecano vs Girona FC Uruguay Primera División
- 16:30 Deportivo Maldonado vs Cerro Largo
- 19:30 Nacional vs Fénix
Western United will welcome Melbourne Victory FC to AAMI Park for a matchday 23 fixture in Australia A-League. The last meeting on 27th February 2021 ended in a Western United 4-3 win. Both sides have met five times in the most recent seasons. Western United has won 4 matches, and Melbourne Victory FC failed to win on every occasion. Recent outings average 3.80 goals, while both teams score 80% of the time.
Western United's latest fixture against Wellington Phoenix ended in an away 3-0 loss. I expected more from Western United. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points.
Melbourne Victory FC's recent game against Adelaide United ended in a home 0-1 loss. Dark Blues's strikers were frustrated by the lack of good chances.
Since the start of the season, Western United is more dominant at home. They have six wins out of 13 games on home soil. Western United's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 38% of home games.
Melbourne Victory FC has picked up 4 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Melbourne Victory FC wins 0.62 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Melbourne Victory FC kept a clean sheet in just 8% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Western United lost the previous game at home but still have a lot of advantage over their opponent. They have won 46% of home games which gives them plenty of confidence for the upcoming fixture.
Dark Blues got the three points in their previous away games but are still off their best. Their away record does not convince me that they have what it takes to avoid defeat on Friday.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Western United wins on average 1.62 points per home game, compared to 0.62 points per away game for Melbourne Victory FC. My prediction is Western United to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.68 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 39% of Western United's home and Melbourne Victory FC's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both sides have plenty of quality in the attack which often results in high-scoring games. I don't think this one on Friday will be any different. On average, both teams score in 43% of Western United's home and Melbourne Victory FC's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Western United vs Melbourne Victory FC Betting Tips
Western United vs Melbourne Victory FC Head to Head
Average stats between Western United and Melbourne Victory FC in most recent 5 outings in the Australia A-League.
Western United vs Melbourne Victory FC Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Western United and Melbourne Victory FC across current season. Calculated from Western United's Home stats and Melbourne Victory FC's Away stats.
Australia A-League Form
- Coming into this game, Western United has picked up 0 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Western United has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for Western United ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Can Western United turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 0 draws and 5 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Western United recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Western United has fired blanks in 10 games this season. That's 38% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 2 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Western United has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 12/26 games for Western United this season.
- Coming into this game, Melbourne Victory FC has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Melbourne Victory FC has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Melbourne Victory FC has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Melbourne Victory FC recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Melbourne Victory FC has fired blanks in 10 games this season. That's 38% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 8 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Melbourne Victory FC, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 15 matches (58% of all matches) involving Melbourne Victory FC has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||31% / 33%||46 %||15 %|
|Draw %||15% / 17%||23 %||8 %|
|Loss %||54% / 50%||31 %||77 %|
|AVG Goals||2.96 / 3.17||2.69||3.23|
|Scored||1.15 / 1.33||1.38||0.92|
|Conceded||1.81 / 1.83||1.31||2.31|
|BTTS %||46% / 50%||46 %||46 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 17%||23 %||8 %|
|BTTS Loss||27% / 33%||15 %||38 %|
|Scored in Both||19% / 17%||23 %||15 %|
|Scores %||62% / 67%||69 %||54 %|
|Clean Sheet %||27% / 33%||38 %||15 %|
|Frist Goal %||42% / 50%||38 %||46 %|
|Possession %||49% / 50%||49 %||50 %|
|Corners||4.88 / 5.67||5.38||4.38|
|Cards||2.54 / 2.83||3.00||2.08|
|Offsides||1.77 / 1.33||2.23||1.31|
|Fouls||12.04 / 12.50||12.46||11.62|
|Shots||9.31 / 9.50||9.69||8.92|
|Shots on Target||5.04 / 4.00||5.15||4.92|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||19% / 33%||23 %||15 %|
|Draw %||15% / 17%||15 %||15 %|
|Loss %||65% / 50%||62 %||69 %|
|AVG Goals||3.50 / 3.00||3.62||3.38|
|Scored||1.19 / 1.17||1.31||1.08|
|Conceded||2.31 / 1.83||2.31||2.31|
|BTTS %||58% / 67%||62 %||54 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 33%||15 %||15 %|
|BTTS Loss||31% / 17%||31 %||31 %|
|Scored in Both||15% / 0%||23 %||8 %|
|Scores %||62% / 67%||69 %||54 %|
|Clean Sheet %||8% / 0%||8 %||8 %|
|Frist Goal %||27% / 33%||38 %||15 %|
|Possession %||45% / 49%||45 %||45 %|
|Corners||4.77 / 3.50||5.00||4.54|
|Cards||2.62 / 2.67||2.54||2.69|
|Offsides||1.54 / 1.50||1.92||1.15|
|Fouls||11.46 / 10.33||11.08||11.85|
|Shots||10.35 / 7.67||10.85||9.85|
|Shots on Target||4.69 / 3.83||5.00||4.38|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Western United vs Melbourne Victory FC Odds
|HT 1||0.00||HT X||0.00||HT 2||0.00|
|Home Win Nil||0.00||Away Win Nil||0.00|
|Over 2.5||1.55||Under 2.5||2.36|
|BTTS Yes||1.53||BTTS NO||2.40|
|Over 9.5 Corners||0.00||Under 9.5 Corners||0.00|