- England Championship
- 20:45 Fulham vs Birmingham City
- 20:45 Preston North End vs Sheffield United England EFL League One
- 20:45 Morecambe vs Wigan Athletic
- 20:45 Cambridge United vs Doncaster Rovers England EFL League Two
- 20:45 Port Vale vs Salford City
- 20:45 Stevenage vs Crawley Town England National League
- 20:45 Stockport County vs Eastleigh England Premier League
- 21:00 Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea India Indian Super League
- 14:00 NorthEast United vs Odisha FC Indonesia Liga 1
- 09:15 PSS Sleman vs Madura United
- 09:15 PSM vs Persik Kediri
- 12:15 Borneo vs Persib Malta Maltese Premier League
- 17:00 Sliema Wanderers vs Gzira United Portugal LigaPro
- 21:15 Sporting Covilhã vs CD Feirense Scotland Premiership
- 20:45 Aberdeen vs Rangers
- 20:45 Dundee United vs St. Mirren
- 20:45 Hearts vs St. Johnstone
- 20:45 Livingston vs Dundee
- 20:45 Ross County vs Motherwell Spain La Liga
- 20:00 Real Betis vs Deportivo Alavés Turkey Süper Lig
- 14:00 Gazişehir Gaziantep vs Yeni Malatyaspor
- 17:00 Fatih Karagümrük vs Beşiktaş
- 17:00 Konyaspor vs Adana Demirspor
Wolverhampton Wanderers will welcome Southampton to Molineux Stadium for a matchday 22 fixture in England Premier League. The last meeting on 26th September 2021 ended in a Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-0 win. Both sides have met eleven times in the most recent seasons. Wolverhampton Wanderers has won 7 matches, and Southampton triumphed in 2. Recent outings average 2.64 goals, while both teams score 55% of the time.
Wolverhampton Wanderers's latest fixture against Manchester United ended in an away 1-0 win. Wolverhampton Wanderers was very effective while counter-attacking. In the end, it was enough to make the difference between the two teams. Wolverhampton Wanderers was more dominant in the second half and scored in the 82nd minute.
Southampton's recent game against Brentford ended in a home 4-1 win. Although Saints didn't match their opponent's intensity and quality while on possession, it was still enough. Southampton had good chances in both halves and scored in the 5th, 37th, 49th and 70th minute.
So far, Wolverhampton Wanderers plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.70 points per away game on average compared to 1.40 points at home. Although Wolverhampton Wanderers is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 30% home clean sheets.
Southampton has picked up 8 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Southampton wins 0.82 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Southampton kept a clean sheet in just 18% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Draw or Southampton.
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Southampton Betting Tips
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Southampton Head to Head
Average stats between Wolverhampton Wanderers and Southampton in most recent 11 outings in the England Premier League.
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Southampton Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Wolverhampton Wanderers and Southampton across current season. Calculated from Wolverhampton Wanderers's Home stats and Southampton's Away stats.
England Premier League Form
- Coming into this game, Wolverhampton Wanderers has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Wolverhampton Wanderers has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers has put together a good run of form and has now gone 3 games without defeat.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 2 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 8 occasions.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Wolverhampton Wanderers recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Wolverhampton Wanderers has fired blanks in 10 games this season. That's 53% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 2 goals.
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Wolverhampton Wanderers has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 4/19 games for Wolverhampton Wanderers this season.
- Coming into this game, Southampton has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Southampton has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Southampton has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 2 games.
- Momentum is really building for Southampton as they have now gone 4 games without losing. They have won 2 of the last 5 games they have played.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 9 games for Southampton ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Southampton will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Wolverhampton Wanderers, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- In the last 5 matches for Southampton, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 12 matches (60% of all matches) involving Southampton has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Southampton will score today, as they have netted in the last 4 games coming into this one and have scored 10 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||45% / 67%||40 %||50 %|
|Draw %||20% / 17%||20 %||20 %|
|Loss %||35% / 17%||40 %||30 %|
|AVG Goals||1.60 / 1.67||1.60||1.60|
|Scored||0.85 / 1.33||0.80||0.90|
|Conceded||0.75 / 0.33||0.80||0.70|
|BTTS %||25% / 17%||30 %||20 %|
|BTTS Win||20% / 17%||30 %||10 %|
|BTTS Loss||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||10% / 33%||20 %||0 %|
|Scores %||50% / 67%||40 %||60 %|
|Clean Sheet %||40% / 67%||30 %||50 %|
|Frist Goal %||45% / 67%||40 %||50 %|
|Possession %||48% / 44%||51 %||45 %|
|Corners||4.35 / 4.60||3.80||4.90|
|Cards||1.75 / 1.17||1.60||1.90|
|Offsides||1.95 / 1.20||2.40||1.50|
|Fouls||9.80 / 9.00||8.80||10.80|
|Shots||11.15 / 10.80||12.20||10.10|
|Shots on Target||4.40 / 5.00||4.30||4.50|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||24% / 50%||30 %||18 %|
|Draw %||43% / 33%||60 %||27 %|
|Loss %||33% / 17%||10 %||55 %|
|AVG Goals||2.76 / 4.17||2.20||3.27|
|Scored||1.19 / 2.33||1.30||1.09|
|Conceded||1.57 / 1.83||0.90||2.18|
|BTTS %||62% / 100%||60 %||64 %|
|BTTS Win||10% / 50%||10 %||9 %|
|BTTS Loss||19% / 17%||0 %||36 %|
|Scored in Both||14% / 50%||20 %||9 %|
|Scores %||76% / 100%||80 %||73 %|
|Clean Sheet %||24% / 0%||30 %||18 %|
|Frist Goal %||52% / 67%||70 %||36 %|
|Possession %||48% / 41%||47 %||48 %|
|Corners||5.90 / 4.00||5.70||6.09|
|Cards||2.10 / 2.67||1.90||2.27|
|Offsides||0.95 / 1.80||1.00||0.90|
|Fouls||11.19 / 13.20||11.90||10.55|
|Shots||12.90 / 11.40||13.90||12.00|
|Shots on Target||5.19 / 5.60||5.20||5.18|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Southampton Odds
|HT 1||2.88||HT X||2.05||HT 2||4.00|
|Home Win Nil||3.40||Away Win Nil||5.00|
|Over 2.5||2.20||Under 2.5||1.61|
|BTTS Yes||1.95||BTTS NO||1.80|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.67||Under 9.5 Corners||2.21|