Yokohama F. Marinos will welcome Sagan Tosu to NHK Spring Mitsuzawa Football Stadium for a matchday 19 fixture in Japan J1 League. The last meeting on 30th September 2020 ended in a 1-1 draw. Both sides have met twenty-one times in the most recent seasons. Yokohama F. Marinos has won 12 matches, and Sagan Tosu triumphed in 6. Recent outings average 2.19 goals, while both teams score 57% of the time.
Yokohama F. Marinos's last game in the Japan J1 League against Shimizu S-Pulse at home ended in a 2-1 win. Yokohama F. Marinos had more possession of the ball and took advantage of it. Yokohama F. Marinos played much better in the first half and scored in the 4th and 89th minute.
Sagan Tosu's previous game in the competition versus Vissel Kobe ended in an away 1-1 draw. The whole team didn't turn up, so in the end the draw was a good result. Sagan Tosu played better before halftime and scored in the 1st minute.
Since the start of the season, Yokohama F. Marinos is more dominant at home. They have eight wins out of 11 games on home soil. Yokohama F. Marinos's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 64% of home games.
Sagan Tosu has picked up 7 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Sagan Tosu wins 1.27 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Sagan Tosu kept a clean sheet in just 27% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Recently they enjoy playing at home, having won three consecutive matches. Yokohama F. Marinos is yet to lose at home, being undefeated in eleven games.
Sagan Tosu failed to win in five consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Wednesday and win against Yokohama F. Marinos.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Yokohama F. Marinos wins on average 2.45 points per home game, compared to 1.27 points per away game for Sagan Tosu. My prediction is Yokohama F. Marinos to win.
Both sides have plenty of quality in the attack which often results in high-scoring games. I don't think this one on Wednesday will be any different. On average, both teams score in 44% of Yokohama F. Marinos's home and Sagan Tosu's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Yokohama F. Marinos vs Sagan Tosu Betting Tips
Yokohama F. Marinos vs Sagan Tosu Head to Head
Average stats between Yokohama F. Marinos and Sagan Tosu in most recent 21 outings in the Japan J1 League.
Yokohama F. Marinos vs Sagan Tosu Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Yokohama F. Marinos and Sagan Tosu across current season. Calculated from Yokohama F. Marinos's Home stats and Sagan Tosu's Away stats.
Japan J1 League Form
- Coming into this game, Yokohama F. Marinos has picked up 15 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 3 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Yokohama F. Marinos has scored 9 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Yokohama F. Marinos is in great form, and the home fans will be loving it. They have won the last 3 games that they have played at home.
- Superb stuff from Yokohama F. Marinos at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 11 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Yokohama F. Marinos will be confident of scoring today and will look to keep up their record of scoring in every single home game this season.
- Yokohama F. Marinos has had no trouble finding the back of the net recently and has scored in the last 11 home games. They have failed to find the net in 0 home game this season.
- Momentum is really building for Yokohama F. Marinos as they have now gone 7 games without losing. They have won 5 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Yokohama F. Marinos has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 2 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 11 occasions.
- Yokohama F. Marinos is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Sagan Tosu, having won 5 and drawn 0. They have scored 9 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Yokohama F. Marinos has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 5 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 8/20 games for Yokohama F. Marinos this season.
- It's likely that Yokohama F. Marinos will score today, as they have netted in the last 12 games coming into this one and have scored 9 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Sagan Tosu has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Sagan Tosu has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Sagan Tosu has put together a good run of form and has now gone 3 games without defeat.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 5 games for Sagan Tosu ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Sagan Tosu will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Yokohama F. Marinos, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 1 and drawn 3
- Sagan Tosu has fired blanks in 8 games this season. That's 36% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 8 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Sagan Tosu, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 8 matches (36% of all matches) involving Sagan Tosu has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||70% / 33%||73 %||67 %|
|Draw %||20% / 17%||27 %||11 %|
|Loss %||10% / 50%||0 %||22 %|
|AVG Goals||2.75 / 3.33||2.64||2.89|
|Scored||1.95 / 1.67||2.09||1.78|
|Conceded||0.80 / 1.67||0.55||1.11|
|BTTS %||40% / 83%||36 %||44 %|
|BTTS Win||20% / 17%||9 %||33 %|
|BTTS Loss||5% / 50%||0 %||11 %|
|Scored in Both||40% / 33%||45 %||33 %|
|Scores %||90% / 100%||100 %||78 %|
|Clean Sheet %||55% / 17%||64 %||44 %|
|Frist Goal %||75% / 67%||82 %||67 %|
|Possession %||62% / 58%||62 %||62 %|
|Corners||6.05 / 7.83||6.09||6.00|
|Cards||1.30 / 1.83||1.45||1.11|
|Offsides||1.60 / 2.50||1.18||2.11|
|Fouls||10.95 / 18.83||12.45||9.11|
|Shots||13.10 / 13.67||13.09||13.11|
|Shots on Target||6.30 / 5.17||6.09||6.56|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||45% / 17%||64 %||27 %|
|Draw %||36% / 67%||27 %||45 %|
|Loss %||18% / 17%||9 %||27 %|
|AVG Goals||2.05 / 2.33||2.55||1.55|
|Scored||1.36 / 1.17||2.00||0.73|
|Conceded||0.68 / 1.17||0.55||0.82|
|BTTS %||36% / 83%||27 %||45 %|
|BTTS Win||18% / 17%||18 %||18 %|
|BTTS Loss||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||14% / 17%||27 %||0 %|
|Scores %||64% / 83%||73 %||55 %|
|Clean Sheet %||45% / 0%||64 %||27 %|
|Frist Goal %||50% / 33%||55 %||45 %|
|Possession %||51% / 54%||54 %||48 %|
|Corners||3.91 / 3.00||4.18||3.64|
|Cards||1.14 / 0.67||1.00||1.27|
|Offsides||2.41 / 2.67||3.27||1.55|
|Fouls||11.32 / 9.17||11.45||11.18|
|Shots||10.09 / 11.33||12.00||8.18|
|Shots on Target||4.68 / 5.67||6.00||3.36|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Yokohama F. Marinos vs Sagan Tosu Odds
|HT 1||2.25||HT X||2.30||HT 2||4.33|
|Home Win Nil||3.20||Away Win Nil||6.50|
|Over 2.5||1.57||Under 2.5||2.25|
|BTTS Yes||1.67||BTTS NO||2.15|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.85||Under 9.5 Corners||1.85|