Just several days ago both teams played against each other in a 1/8-final match of Copa del Rey. A winner in that game was Sevilla with a 3-1 score on Bilbao’s stadium, while the rematch will be on 16 January. Between those games, both teams will play again, but this time for La Liga.
The form of both teams is good. Athletic Bilbao finally began to win and escaped the relegation zone, while Sevilla’s fantastic season is continuing and only those four draws in the last five fixtures moved them away from the first position. The latest defeat of Sevillistas in the league was against Barcelona in October, while the last loss for Bilbao was at the beginning of December against Levante. In the last round of La Liga, The Lions won against Celta with 2-1, while Sevilla played better, but drew against Atlético Madrid at home.
Yes, Sevilla have a better season, took the victory against Bilbao three days ago and have better players, we cannot be sure of their success on Sunday. Sevillistas are in terrifying form for the league on San Mamés Stadium, which gives an advantage for Athletic. We expect goals in both nets again, but the number of total goals to not be over 3.
I will back 2 or 3 Goals, with Draw 1-1 Correct Score. We recommend placing this bet in bet365, where you can take advantage of a $100 Welcome Bonus and regular promotions for loyal customers.
Athletic Bilbao vs Sevilla Head to Head
Athletic Bilbao are on a run of eight consecutive wins at home over Sevilla for the league. For the last time, Sevillistas took the three points on San Mamés Stadium in 2009. After that Sevilla won two times, but they were for Europa League and several days ago for Copa del Rey. However, Sevillistas can brag with three wins in the previous four games in all competitions.
|10.01.2019||Athletic Bilbao vs Sevilla||1-3|
|03.03.2018||Sevilla vs Athletic Bilbao||2-0|
|14.10.2017||Athletic Bilbao vs Sevilla||1-0|
|02.03.2017||Sevilla vs Athletic Bilbao||1-0|
|24.09.2016||Athletic Bilbao vs Sevilla||3-1|
|14.05.2016||Athletic Bilbao vs Sevilla||3-1|
Athletic Bilbao vs Sevilla Stats
- Athletic Bilbao have just one win in the previous eight home games in La Liga, while five of those fixtures ended as a draws.
- The Lions haven’t been behind the score in the first half in all of their nine of their home fixtures, while in seven of them the result has been a draw in the first half-time.
- Bilbao are the team with the most yellow cards (84) until this moment.
- Sevilla don’t have a defeat in nine games in the league, while in four of them took the three points.
- Sevillistas don’t have a loss in five of the previous six fixtures against teams from Basque Country.
- The White and Reds have scored the first goal in five of the last six away games in all competitions.
Athletic Bilbao vs Sevilla Odds
Athletic Bilbao vs Sevilla Team News
For Bilbao are still injured Alejandro Remiro, Iñigo Lekue and Mikel Rico. In doubt are Raúl García, Yuri Berchiche and Aritz Aduriz.
Maxime Gonalons and Aleix Vidal are injured and will miss the game for the guests. The defender Daniel Carriço is punished for too many yellow cards, while the midfielder Franco Vázquez received a red card against Leganes.