Barcelona are one of the big favourites to triumph in the Champions League. Blaugrana didn’t have a smooth first leg against Lyon, and even though the Spanish side dominated in the whole game in France, the fixture ended as a goalless draw. It should be noted that the French team defended well and even had chances to score with counter-attacks.
Barcelona have played four official games after the game in France in which were achieved four wins – two against Real Madrid, Sevilla and Rayo Vallecano. After this run, Blaugrana are looking for double in Spain, after the team will play a final for Copa del Rey and have seven points lead in La Liga. In the last month, Lyon recorded two wins, one draw and one loss. The Kids have scored ten goals in the victories over Caen (3-1), Toulouse (5-1), and in the draw with Strasbourg (2-2) on Saturday.
Lyon have a talented squad with extremely dangerous forwards. Sometimes the team defend well but often concede goals. Some good teams were knocked out from the Champions League, which increase the chances of Barcelona. Blaugrana don’t have a room for mistakes in the upcoming match at home, and we expect them to pressure Lyon in the whole game.
I will back Barcelona to Score in Both Halves, with Barcelona 3-1 Correct Score. We recommend placing this bet in William Hill, where you can take advantage of a $30 Welcome Bonus and regular promotions for loyal customers.
Barcelona vs Lyon Head to Head
Barcelona have four wins in the previous seven games against Lyon. Blaugrana have won all three of their games at home in rivalry with a goal difference of 10-2.
|19.02.2019||Lyon vs Barcelona||0-0|
|11.03.2009||Barcelona vs Lyon||5-2|
|24.02.2009||Lyon vs Barcelona||1-1|
|27.11.2007||Lyon vs Barcelona||2-2|
|19.09.2007||Barcelona vs Lyon||3-0|
|23.10.2001||Lyon vs Barcelona||2-3|
Barcelona vs Lyon Stats
- In the Champions League when the first game of the knockout stage have ended as a 0-0, in 21 of these series have qualified for the next phase the team that was the host in the rematch.
- Barcelona have eight wins in overall ten games at home in the Champions League against French teams.
- If Barcelona win on Wednesday, they will qualify for the ¼-finals for 12 consecutive season.
- Blaugrana have 26 wins in 29 fixtures at home in the Champions League.
- All five goals that the Spanish side conceded were after the first half.
- Barcelona and Lyon are still unbeaten in the competition this season, while The Kids recorded six consecutive draws.
- For the last time, Lyon qualified for the ¼-finals in season 2009/10.
- The Kids don’t have a win as guests in the knockout stage of the competition in ten fixtures, while seven of them were lost.
Barcelona vs Lyon Odds
Barcelona vs Lyon Team News
For Barcelona injured are Thomas Vermaelen and Rafinha.
Lyon will be without Jérémy Morel, Fernando Marçal and Amine Gouiri. The Captain Nabil Fekir will play for the rematch on Camp Nou.