The first leg on Anfield ended as a goalless draw, and all will be decided in Germany. In the game in England, a slight advantage had the home team but wasn’t created clean situations for a goal in front of both nets. The overall number of shots on target was two, while the corners were only five.
With amazing results in the previous rounds, Bayern Munich have recovered and now are the leaders in the Bundesliga, even though Borussia Dortmund had ten points lead. On the other hand, Liverpool had ten points more than the second team in the standings – Manchester City. However, this point difference was melted after a series of draws by The Reds, and now they are one point behind the Citizens. In the last round, both sides won their games in the league, respectively against Wolfsburg (6-0) and Burnley (4-2).
We expect Bayern to take the initiative in the game. At the same time, The Bavarians should be careful, because a goal for Liverpool might be lethal. The Jürgen Klopp’s squad don’t show a character in the crucial games, and the upcoming away fixture may be essential for the rest of the season.
I will back Bayern Munich to Win, with Bayern Munich 2-1 Correct Score. We recommend placing this bet in MansionBet, where you can take advantage of a $50 Welcome Bonus and regular promotions for loyal customers.
Bayern Munich vs Liverpool Head to Head
Liverpool won against Bayern Munich in UEFA Cup in 2001, as also in the friendly game of the tournament Audi Cup (3-0) in the summer of 2017. The first fixture of the 1/8-finals ended as a goalless draw.
|19.02.2019||Liverpool vs Bayern Munich||0-0|
|01.08.2017||Bayern Munich vs Liverpool||0-3|
|24.08.2001||Bayern Munich vs Liverpool||2-3|
Bayern Munich vs Liverpool Stats
- If Bayern qualify for the next phase, this will be eight consecutive times in which they play in the quarter-finals.
- The Bavarians couldn’t score just once in the previous 26 fixtures at home in the competition.
- Liverpool lost the last four away games in the Champions League, but they have never lost five consecutive away fixtures in Europe.
- Three of these defeats were in the group stage of the competition, while James Milner scored their only goal by a penalty.
- Robert Lewandowski has 23 goals in the previous 22 games at home in the Champions League.
- Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mané have just one goal in the last 33 shots .
Bayern Munich vs Liverpool Odds
Bayern Munich vs Liverpool Team News
The Bavarians will be without Kingsley Coman, Arjen Robben, Corentin Tolisso and David Alaba. Punishments have Joshua Kimmich and Thomas Müller.
The game for Liverpool will miss Joe Gomez and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. In doubt are James Milner and Trent Alexander-Arnold.