The game between Cagliari and Atalanta ends round 22 of the Italian Serie A. The home team has just one victory in the last 11 fixtures in the league, winning against Genoa with 1-0 on 26 December 2018. At home, Cagliari are playing better and until now were defeated only by Napoli. Recently, The Sardinians’ defence is not on the level from the start of the season. Cagliari have conceded at least two goals in five of the previous six fixtures in all competitions and expectedly fell to the 15th place in the standings.
Atalanta are continuing with scoring goals over the weekend, knocking out Juventus from Coppa Italia with 3-0. The Black and Blues have scored 13 goals in four games in January. Atalanta are the highest scoring team in the league, while in the away games they have 49 goals – an average of almost 4.5 per game.
A significant contribution to the fantastic performance of Atalanta is Duván Zapata. The Colombian striker has 15 goals, with just two less than the leader in this ranking – Cristiano Ronaldo. The Black and Blues are playing very aggressively which affect their performance in defence. Atalanta have conceded 30 goals since the start of the season, while versus a solid home team like Cagliari is highly impossible to have a clean sheet.
I will back Over 3.5 Goals, with Atalanta 3-1 Correct Score. We recommend placing this bet in William Hill, where you can take advantage of a $30 Welcome Bonus and regular promotions for loyal customers.
Cagliari vs Atalanta Head to Head
Cagliari have four wins and two defeats in the previous six games against Atalanta. In five of these fixtures have been scored under 2.5 goals. The last match between both sides ended as a 2-0 win for Atalanta.
|14.01.2019||Cagliari vs Atalanta||0-2|
|02.09.2018||Atalanta vs Cagliari||0-1|
|20.05.2018||Cagliari vs Atalanta||1-0|
|30.12.2017||Atalanta vs Cagliari||1-2|
|05.02.2017||Atalanta vs Cagliari||2-0|
|18.09.2016||Cagliari vs Atalanta||3-0|
Cagliari vs Atalanta Stats
- Cagliari have conceded two or more goals in the previous three games in Serie A.
- Cagliari are without a loss in ten of the last 11 fixtures at home in Serie A.
- Cagliari have just one win during the previous 11 rounds.
- Cagliari have scored eight goals in the first 15 minutes of their games.
- Cagliari and Atalanta have scored 18 goals with a header since the start of the season.
- In 12 of the previous 13 fixtures of Atalanta in Serie A have been composed over 2.5 goals.
- Atalanta’s players have scored three or more goals in the last three games.
- In the previous seven away games of Atalanta have been scored 35 goals.
Cagliari vs Atalanta Odds
Cagliari vs Atalanta Team News
Lucas Castro will miss the game for Cagliari, while Nicolò Barella is punished for accumulated yellow cards.
Marco Varnier is still injured for Atalanta, while Josip Iličić is in doubt.