Britain’s biggest rivals Liverpool and Manchester United face each other in search of valuable three points for both teams. During the week Liverpool won against Napoli and continued to the next phase of Champions League. This season Jurgen Klopp changed Liverpool’s style of playing, and the team plays now more rationally, compared to the previous years where they attacked the whole game. It’s not a coincidence that Liverpool is the only the only team in the Premier League that doesn’t have a defeat, with just one conceded goal on Anfield.
Manchester United have lost in their away midweek game on Mestalla, but the team will play in the knockout stage of the Champions League, unlike Valencia who are placed 3th in the group. In the Premier League, The Red Devils are not consistent and are placed sixth in the standings. The most severe problem of the team is their defence. Jose Mourinho’s players have conceded 26 goals until this game, which is with two more compared to their whole last season.
The last match between both teams on Anfield ended as a goalless draw. It will be a massive surprise if Jose Mourinho changes his tactics for the game on Sunday. Manchester United don’t look like a team ready to outplay Liverpool, and we think that they will play defensively once again. I will back Under 2.5 Goals, with Liverpool 2-0 Correct Score. The bravest can try a bet First Half / Final Result: Draw – Liverpool.
Liverpool vs Manchester United Head to Head
Manchester United and Liverpool had a draw in four of the previous six games in all competitions. The last derby between both teams in the Premier League was in March and ended as a 2-1 win for The Red Devils. Liverpool had a clean sheet against Manchester United in the last three matches on Anfield.
|29.07.2018||Manchester United vs Liverpool||1-4|
|10.03.2018||Manchester United vs Liverpool||2-1|
|14.10.2017||Liverpool vs Manchester United||0-0|
|15.01.2017||Manchester United vs Liverpool||1-1|
|17.10.2016||Liverpool vs Manchester United||0-0|
|17.03.2016||Manchester United vs Liverpool||1-1|
Liverpool vs Manchester United Stats
- Liverpool are undefeated in the last 28 games on Anfield.
- The Reds had a clean sheet in 11 of the previous 12 matches at home.
- For a first time of the history of the Premier League, Liverpool don’t have a loss in 17 matches in a row.
- Liverpool haven’t conceded more than one goal in the last 19 games.
- The attacking trio of Liverpool – Roberto Firmino, Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane don’t have a goal or assist versus Manchester United in a match of the Premier League (overall 885 minutes).
- In the last six away games of Manchester United were scored under 2.5 goals.
- Manchester United haven’t been 16 points behind Liverpool before Christmas since season 1990/91.
- The Red Devils had only one clean sheet away from home this season.
Liverpool vs Manchester United Odds
*Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit £5 and 1x settled bet requirement to release Bet Credits. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
Liverpool vs Manchester United Team News
Joël Matip, Nathaniel Clyne, Joe Gomez and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are injured and won’t play versus The Red Devils. In doubt for Liverpool are Trent Alexander-Arnold, Dominic Solanke and James Milner.
Jose Mourinho and Manchester United have injury problems in defence. Marcos Rojo, Scott McTominay, Chris Smalling, Diogo Dalot, Matteo Darmian, Luke Shaw and Victor Lindelöf are injured and will miss the game. Alexis Sánchez will also miss the derby on Sunday, and Anthony Martial is on doubt for the match.