Manchester United are playing at home against Liverpool in a match of round 27 of the English Premier League. The Red Devils are outsiders according to the bookmakers, although they are in good form.
The last week Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s team failed on the European scene against PSG, but several days later the young manager refuted his momentary criticism with success over Chelsea for FA Cup. His colleague Jurgen Klopp also didn’t start the spring with a victory in the Champions League, which wouldn’t be underserved in the game versus Bayern Munich at home. This match was a confirmation of the busy schedule and the difficulty in the attack in the past weeks of The Reds.
Both sides need the three points, which will make them more cautious in defence. Liverpool are the favourite and undoubtedly have a more skilled and quality squad, but hosts have David de Gea and Paul Pogba, who are in a fantastic form. The forwards of both teams look respectful, but we think that the defences will prevail in this dispute.
I will back Under 2.5 Goals, with Liverpool 1-0 Correct Score. We recommend placing this bet in bet365, where you can take advantage of a $100 Welcome Bonus and regular promotions for loyal customers.
Manchester United vs Liverpool Head to Head
At the middle of December, Liverpool outplayed and deservedly won with 3-1, and precisely after this game, José Mourinho was fired. The Red Devils have just one victory in the previous seven official fixtures, while the draws were four. In only two of the last eight games were scored more than two goals. Manchester United have won seven of the previous ten fixtures at home against Liverpool.
|16.12.2018||Liverpool vs Manchester United||3-1|
|29.07.2018||Manchester United vs Liverpool||1-4|
|10.03.2018||Manchester United vs Liverpool||2-1|
|14.10.2017||Liverpool vs Manchester United||0-0|
|15.01.2017||Manchester United vs Liverpool||1-1|
|17.10.2016||Liverpool vs Manchester United||0-0|
Manchester United vs Liverpool Stats
- Manchester United hold the longest run without a loss in the Premier League – ten fixtures.
- If Ole Gunnar Solskjær and his side take at least one point, he will set the record for most earned points after the first ten round in the Premier League .
- If Liverpool win on Sunday, this will be the first double over Manchester United since season 2013/14.
- The Reds have lost only once in the previous 13 away games in the league – nine wins and three draws.
- Paul Pogba has eight goals and five assists in ten fixtures in the league under Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s management .
- David de Gea can have a clean sheet number 100 precisely on Sunday.
- Mohamed Salah still hasn’t participated for a goal in the league against Manchester United.
Manchester United vs Liverpool Odds
Manchester United vs Liverpool Team News
Manchester United will be without Matteo Darmian, Jesse Lingard, Anthony Martial, Marcos Rojo and Antonio Valencia. For Liverpool injured are Joe Gomez and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, while Dejan Lovren is in doubt.