The first team in Group C PSG and the second in Group H Manchester United will play on Tuesday against each other in a match of the 1/8-finals of the Champions League. In December no one gave a chance United to win in this rivalry, but a couple of months later things are different. The English team are favourite in the first leg, and a significant contribution for this is the appointment of Ole Gunnar Solskjær. Another reason to think that The Red Devils may win this match is the absence of Neymar who has an injury.
The fantastic form of Manchester United helped them to climb to the fourth place in the standings in the Premier League and also to continue to the 1/8-finals of FA Cup. We also have to take into account the luck that the team had in the last two months. By “expected goals” statistics, their advantage in every game is not that big, but the main reason for this is the goalkeeper David de Gea. In the recent two games in the league, The Red Devils won as guests of Leicester (1-0) and Fulham (3-0).
PSG were first in the toughest group in the Champions League, which included Liverpool, Napoli and Red Star Belgrade. Everything went according to plan until the end of 2018. After the start of the new year, The Parisians were surprisingly knocked out by Guingamp for Coupe de la Ligue and had big problems against Villefranche, which are in the third division side, for Coupe de France. PSG also had their first defeat in the league against Lyon. On Saturday, The Parisians struggled but won with the minimal 1-0 against Bordeaux, and after the game, Thomas Tuchel seemed worried for the upcoming game in England.
I will back Double Chance: Manchester United to Win and BTTS, with Manchester United 2-1 Correct Score. We recommend placing this bet in bet365, where you can take advantage of a $100 Welcome Bonus and regular promotions for loyal customers.
Manchester United vs PSG Head to Head
Both sides played against each other in 2015 in the friendly tournament International Champions Cup in which The Parisians won with 2-0.
|30.07.2015||Manchester United vs PSG||0-2|
Manchester United vs PSG Stats
- Manchester United have ten wins and one draw under Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s management.
- In ten of these fixtures, they have scored at least two goals.
- The Red Devils had a clean sheet only against Reading in the previous five games on Old Trafford.
- In the thee of the fixtures in the Champions League that have been played in Manchester were scored just two goals (1W, 1D, 1L).
- PSG have three losses in all competitions this season, one of which were in England against Liverpool.
- The goalless draw versus Villefranche was the first match in which The Parisians didn’t score a goal since 19 May.
- Over the autumn in the Champions League, PSG won only against Red Star Belgrade as guests, while in all of their three away fixtures both sides scored a goal.
Manchester United vs PSG Odds
Manchester United vs PSG Team News
Manchester United will be without Matteo Darmian, Marcos Rojo and Antonio Valencia. For PSG will not play their biggest star Neymar, while after the winning goal against Bordeaux, Edinson Cavani had to leave the game and is in doubt for the first leg versus The Red Devils. Marco Verratti played on Saturday, but he is not in good form currently after his long absence from the pitch.