Monaco and Borussia Dortmund are facing each other in a vital match of Group A of the Champions League. The Black and Yellows need a win for them to steal the first place in the group from Atletico Madrid. Monaco, on the other hand, have ended their participation in the European Tournaments after they won just one point in the first five games. If The Monégasques don’t win the game on Tuesday, they will be the second team after Dinamo Zagreb that don’t have a win in the tournament in two consecutive years.
During the weekend Borussia Dortmund have won against Schalke and continue to lead convincingly in the Bundesliga. In the Champions League, Lucien Favre’s players have three wins, a loss from Atletico Madrid, and a draw against Club Brugge. Exactly this draw took away the first place in the group from Borussia. If The Red-and-Whites win versus Club Brugge, Borussia Dortmund will not have a chance for the first place in the group.
At first glance everything for Monaco is clear. For Thierry Henry, this is an ideal opportunity to experiment with his team. We expect a routine victory for Borussia Dortmund who will save energy for the next three fixtures within ten days in the Bundesliga. I will back Under 3.0 Goals, with Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Correct Score.
Monaco vs Borussia Dortmund Head to Head
Monaco and Borussia Dortmund have played against each other in the previous season of the Champions League exchanging one victory. In the all three matches between both teams were scored under 2.5 goals. Monaco didn’t score only once against The Black and Yellows where they lost with 3-0 for Borussia.
|03.10.2018||Borussia Dortmund vs Monaco||3-0|
|19.04.2017||Monaco vs Borussia Dortmund||3-1|
|12.04.2017||Borussia Dortmund vs Monaco||2-3|
Monaco vs Borussia Dortmund Stats
- Monaco didn’t have a win in the last 13 matches. The team was losing in the halftime in five of the previous seven games.
- The Monégasques have conceded two goals in six of the last seven games.
- Monaco will be the second team after Dinamo Zagreb that don’t have a win in the tournament in two consecutive years if they don’t win against Borussia Dortmund.
- Borussia Dortmund have conceded just two goals in the group stage of the competition.
- The Black and Yellows were in the knockout stage of the Champions League in five of the previous six participant in the tournament.
- The defeat against Atletico Madrid was the only loss Borussia Dortmund have since the start of the season.
Monaco vs Borussia Dortmund Odds
*Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit £5 and 1x settled bet requirement to release Bet Credits. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
Monaco vs Borussia Dortmund Team News
Monaco has 14 injured players before the game, including Stevan Jovetić, Rony Lopes and Adama Traoré. Nacer Chadli is in doubt for the match.
Marius Wolf is the only player for Borussia Dortmund who will miss the game. Dan-Axel Zagadou is in doubt for the match after his absence against Schalke.