Real Sociedad and Athletic Bilbao are playing against each other in a match of round 22 in La Liga. The hosts have a great run and don’t have a loss since Imanol Alguacil’s appointment. The results in 2019 helped the team to climb to the ninth place in the standings, just four points behind the sixth – Getafe.
Athletic Bilbao are also in a good period. The Lions don’t have a defeat since December 3rd. At the start of 2019, Bilbao achieved their first victory in an away game – against Celta with 2-1, which ended their negative run of 11 fixtures without a win away from home.
In the derbies between Basque teams, Real Sociedad definitely have an advantage. The Royal have just two defeats against local rivals, while Bilbao don’t have a win in the previous six fixtures. We expect an equal game on Saturday without many goals but still will give a slight advantage of the home team because of their better performance so far.
I will back Double Chance: Real Sociedad to Win and Under 2.5 Goals, with Draw 1-1 Correct Score. We recommend placing this bet in bet365, where you can take advantage of a $100 Welcome Bonus and regular promotions for loyal customers.
Real Sociedad vs Athletic Bilbao Head to Head
Real Sociedad have three wins, one draw and two defeats in the previous six games against Athletic Bilbao. In three of these fixtures have been scored under 2.5 goals. The last match between both sides was on 5 October 2018 and ended as a win for Sociedad with 3-1.
|05.10.2018||Athletic Bilbao vs Real Sociedad||1-3|
|04.08.2018||Real Sociedad vs Athletic Bilbao||0-1|
|28.04.2018||Real Sociedad vs Athletic Bilbao||3-1|
|16.12.2017||Athletic Bilbao vs Real Sociedad||0-0|
|12.03.2017||Real Sociedad vs Athletic Bilbao||0-2|
|16.10.2016||Athletic Bilbao vs Real Sociedad||3-2|
Real Sociedad vs Athletic Bilbao Stats
- Real Sociedad don’t have a defeat in four consecutive games in La Liga for the first time this season.
- The Royal have just one clean sheet in the previous five games at home in the league.
- Real Sociedad have scored at least one goal in the last four fixtures in all competitions.
- In six of the previous seven games of Athletic Bilbao have been scored under 2.5 goals.
- Athletic Bilbao are undefeated in seven straight fixtures in La Liga.
- The Lions have just one win in the last 13 away games.
- Athletic Bilbao don’t have a win in six games against teams from Basque Country.
Real Sociedad vs Athletic Bilbao Odds
Real Sociedad vs Athletic Bilbao Team News
Martin Merquelanz Castellanos is injured and will not play for Real Sociedad. Hector Moreno is in doubt.
Aritz Aduriz and Iñigo Lekue are injured and will miss the game for Athletic Bilbao. Óscar de Marcos is punished, because of the red card he received against Betis last week.