The season for Rennes it’s not going so bad so far. There is still room for improvement in Ligue 1, where the team is on the ninth place in the standings, but the point difference of the teams that are in front of them is not that big. The last Wednesday, The Red and Blacks won against Orleans and qualified for the semi-finals of Coupe de France. Rennes also continued to 1/16-finals of Europa League after being in a complex and equal group. In the knockout stage of the competition, The Red and Blacks were an outsider against Betis but managed to disprove the bookmakers. After an exciting 3-3 in the first leg in France, Rennes won with 3-1 in Spain. Over the weekend, The Red and Blacks didn’t play in the league.
Arsenal are still not performing consistently, and the opinions of Emery’s performance at the head of the team are conflicting. However, The Gunners are in the fight for Top 4 in the Premier League. The team qualified for this phase of the competition with ease. An unexpected obstacle might have been BATE which won with 1-0 in the first leg, but in the rematch, Arsenal didn’t leave any doubt which is the better team and took the victory with 3-0. On Saturday, Arsenal earned one point from Wembley and can only regret that didn’t win against Tottenham.
This season Rennes are fantastic at home, and it wouldn’t be a surprise if they achieve a good result in the first leg. At times, Arsenal play great in defence, and the next game follows with comical mistakes. We expect an exciting, attacking and equal match in which both sides to score. I will back Both Teams to Score, with Arsenal 2-1 Correct Score. We recommend placing this bet in MansionBet, where you can take advantage of a 50 Welcome Bonus and regular promotions for loyal customers.
Rennes vs Arsenal Head to Head
This will be the first time in which Arsenal and Rennes will play against each other.
Rennes vs Arsenal Stats
- This will be just the second time in which Rennes will play at home against an English team (2-1 victory against Aston Villa).
- Rennes don’t have a loss at home in 12 games in all competitions, recording seven clean sheets.
- In three of the four fixtures of Rennes at home in Europa League, both teams scored a goal.
- Rennes will be the tenth different French team that will play against Arsenal in the European tournaments – The Gunners won against all of them.
- Arsenal have never lost an away match against a French team.
- This is the 16th consecutive season in which Arsenal qualify for the 1/8-finals of the European competitions.
- Arsenal have conceded the last goal in the game in the previous five away fixtures in all competitions.
Rennes vs Arsenal Odds
Rennes vs Arsenal Team News
James Lea, Mehdi Zeffane, Theoson Siebatcheu and Ludovic Baal are injured and will not play for Rennes. The right-back Hamari Traoré has punishment.
For Arsenal, the game will miss the injured Héctor Bellerín, Rob Holding and Danny Welbeck. Alexandre Lacazette received a red card against BATE Borisov.