Roma and Porto will renew the season in the Champions League, but on Tuesday the full attention will be given to the clash between Manchester United and PSG. However, the pair of Roma and Porto looks just as exciting and unpredictable, as The Red Devils versus The Parisians. The Portuguese side won their Group D, while the Italian club were second behind Real Madrid in Group G.
Roma don’t have their best season so far, and not only are not in the fight for the first two places in Italy, but also their position in Top 4 seems threatened. On Friday, The Yellow and Reds won against Chievo with 3-0, which ended their run of three consecutive fixtures without success. Recently Roma conceded three goals versus Atalanta and days later lost catastrophically with 1-7 against Fiorentina for Coppa Italia.
Porto were phenomenal over the autumn in the Champions League and had 16 points from possible 18. They have a perfect season so far – first place in the standings in Primeira Liga, semi-finals in Taça de Portugal and were on the final of Taça da Liga, but lost eventually against Sporting after a penalty shoot-out. Precisely this defeat gave the beginning of a slight crisis within the team. The Dragons have just one victory in the previous four fixtures, while the last two draws in the league gave the opportunity of Benfica to lower the points difference from the first place in the standings.
Both sides like to play attacking football, and we expect goals and a result which will save the intrigue for the second leg. I will back Both Teams to Score, with Draw 2-2 Correct Score. We recommend placing this bet in MansionBet, where you can take advantage of a $50 Welcome Bonus and regular promotions for loyal customers.
Roma vs Porto Head to Head
Both sides were in one group in the Champions League in season 2016/17. Porto won four points from the two games against Roma, while surprisingly won with 3-0 on Stadio Olimpico.
|23.08.2016||Roma vs Porto||0-3|
|17.08.2016||Porto vs Roma||1-1|
Roma vs Porto Stats
- In all of the three games of Roma at home in the Champions League, only one of both sides scored a goal, while The Yellow and Reds won two times and lost against Real Madrid.
- Roma lost only versus SPAL and Real Madrid in all of their home fixtures in all competitions this season.
- The Italian side conceded a goal in four of the previous five games and had just two clean sheets in the last ten games at home.
- Porto scored a goal in each of their six fixtures in the Champions League but had only one clean sheet as hosts of Galatasaray.
- The Dragons didn’t score a single goal in just three of their games in all competitions this season.
- Porto have just one loss as guests this season, while in four of the previous five away games both sides have scored.
Roma vs Porto Odds
Roma vs Porto Team News
Cengiz Ünder and Diego Perotti will miss the game for Roma, while the starters Robin Olsen and Kostas Manolas are in doubt. The strikers Vincent Aboubakar and Moussa Marega, and the defender Maxi Pereira are injured and will not play for Porto.