The game between Shakhtar Donetsk and Eintracht Frankfurt is for sure the most unpredictable and intriguing in the 1/16-finals of Europa League. Shakhtar are coming from the Champions League where we can say that they did well, but were left behind Manchester City and Lyon. On the other hand, Eintracht Frankfurt surprised everyone with six victories in their Group H, which included Lazio, Marseille and Apollon Limassol.
The Ukrainian championship is in a pause from more than two months, while the German Bundesliga is not. Shakhtar warmed up with friendly games, while Eintracht won only once since the start of 2019. It has to be noted that Frankfurt played against some tough opponents and didn’t lose at home against Borussia Dortmund and as guests of RB Leipzig.
Both sides love to attack, and we don’t think that this will change on Thursday. The Europa League is the opportunity of both teams to break through Europe and gain more European supporters. Over the autumn both teams scored many goals in Europe, but Shakhtar showed weaknesses in defence surprisingly and conceded a lot of goals. I will back Over 2.5 Goals, with Shakhtar 2-1 Correct Score. We recommend placing this bet in MansionBet, where you can take advantage of a $50 Welcome Bonus and regular promotions for loyal customers.
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Eintracht Frankfurt Head to Head
Shakhtar won the only game between both sides with 1-0, which was a friendly one in the winter of 2014.
|16.01.2014||Eintracht Frankfurt vs Shakhtar Donetsk||0-1|
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Eintracht Frankfurt Stats
- Shakhtar couldn’t win a single game of their three fixtures as hosts in the Champions League.
- Shakhtar couldn’t score only in both legs against Manchester City.
- In the fixtures of the Ukrainian side were scored on average four goals, while only at the home game against Lyon the overall number of goals was three.
- Eintracht Frankfurt was the only team that won all six games in Europe League.
- In the fixtures of Eintracht Frankfurt on average were scored 3.7 goals, while only in their home game versus Apollon Limassol the goal line of over 2.5 goals wasn’t covered.
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Eintracht Frankfurt Odds
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Eintracht Frankfurt Team News
In the squad of Shakhtar Donetsk, there aren’t injured or punished players. For the guests of Germany, injured are the defenders Almamy Touré and David Abraham, while in the middle of the pitch will not play Lucas Torro, Marc Stendera and Rodrigues de Souza.