Shakhtar Donetsk and Lyon are going into a direct clash for the second place in Group F in the Champions League. Until this game, Lyon have two points more than his opponent in this game, and Shakhtar need a win so they can qualify for the knockout phase of the competition. The Miners played well in the first five matches in the tournament, even though the team conceded 15 goals – nine of these goals were against Manchester City. The team of Shakhtar never had three games at home in the Champions League without a win since 2013.
Lyon are undefeated this season in the competition – one win and four draws. The Kids have scored 11 goals in these games. In every one of these matches, they scored at least two goals. We expect more of the same on Wednesday. Shakhtar Donetsk need a win and will try to attack which will benefit Lyon’s fast strikers. In the games between both teams were scored average four goals and we think this line will be reached. I will back Lyon Over 1.5 Goals, with Draw 2-2 Correct Score.
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Lyon Head to Head
Lyon and Shakhtar have played three times until this game – two times in friendly games and once in the Champions League two months ago. In every of these matches both teams scored at least once.
|02.10.2018||Lyon vs Shakhtar Donetsk||2-2|
|19.07.2014||Lyon vs Shakhtar Donetsk||4-1|
|27.07.2011||Shakhtar Donetsk vs Lyon||1-1|
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Lyon Stats
- In ten of the previous 11 matches of Shakhtar were scored under 2.5 goals.
- The last time when Shakhtar Donetsk didn’t win in three consecutive games at home in the Champions League was in November 2013.
- If The Miners don’t win in Wednesday, Lyon will be undefeated in the group stage of the tournament for the first time since season 2006/07.
- Lyon are on a run of four consecutive draws in the Champions League.
- Lyon have conceded at least two goals in the last five games in the competition.
- The Kids don’t have a win in two consecutive away games in the tournament since season 2009/10.
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Lyon Odds
*Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit £5 and 1x settled bet requirement to release Bet Credits. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Lyon Team News
Dentinho is in doubt for the game after he left early the match against Mariupol. Fernando and Oleh Kudryk are still injured and will miss the fixture against Lyon.
Gnaly Cornet and Amine Gouiri won’t play in this game for Lyon. In doubt for The Kids are Pape Diop and Tanguy Ndombele.