In the first match of round 22 of the Premier League, West Ham are playing at home versus Arsenal on Olympic Stadium where the spectacle is guaranteed. This season West Ham are inconsistent, and at the beginning of December, the team had four wins, while in the next four fixtures had success only against Southampton. In the last game in the league, Marko Arnautović brought the point after two quick goals for the 2-2 score against Brighton. Last weekend, The Hammers knocked out Birmingham with 2-0 for FA Cup.
Arsenal began the season with two defeats, but after that, the Gunners had a run of 22 games without a loss until mid-December where the team’s form dropped. In the last two weeks of December Arsenal have won only against Burnley and lost versus Southampton, Tottenham and Liverpool. The tight schedule and the injuries of some key players helped for the negative results. However, the Gunners started the year with a 4-1 win against Fulham and a couple days later took the victory versus Blackpool for FA Cup with 3-0.
During the week, a brigade of six Arsenal’s players returned to Colney’s training camp, and this brought good news to the Gunners fans in the upcoming weeks. West Ham is also a team suffering from injuries, and this influences the team’s results. Bernd Leno will not keep a clean sheet, while West Ham will not be able to defend against Alexandre Lacazette and Aubameyang. I will back Goal Line – Over 3.0 Goals, with Arsenal 3-2 Correct Score. We recommend placing this bet in bet365, where you can take advantage of a $100 Welcome Bonus and regular promotions for loyal customers.
West Ham vs Arsenal Head to Head
Arsenal are dominating in the derby and rarely have problems with succeeding against West Ham. The last victory for The Hammers was in 2015, which is the first win since the three consecutive successes in 2006/07. Arsenal have won five of the last six fixtures in all competitions. The Gunners don’t have a defeat in 11 away games against West Ham, while the victories were nine. It is interesting to note that 15 of the last 17 goals in this Premier League rivalry have fallen in the second 45 minutes.
|25.08.2018||Arsenal vs West Ham||3-1|
|22.04.2018||Arsenal vs West Ham||4-1|
|19.12.2017||Arsenal vs West Ham||1-0|
|13.12.2017||West Ham vs Arsenal||0-0|
|05.04.2017||Arsenal vs West Ham||3-0|
|03.12.2016||West Ham vs Arsenal||1-5|
West Ham vs Arsenal Stats
- West Ham have conceded at least once in the previous eight home fixtures.
- Arsenal couldn’t score a goal in the league only in the loss against Manchester City in the first round.
- The Gunners have just two clean sheets this season in the Premier League, both of them were on Emirates Stadium.
- Arsenal have scored first in four of the previous five away games.
- The away fixtures of Arsenal are the highest scoring games in the league – seven of them have been scored over 3.5 goals.
- The goal line of 3.5 goals was covered in six home games of West Ham.
- Andy Carroll has scored the last four goals of The Hammers against Arsenal at home in the league.
- Unai Emery has four away fixtures against Manuel Pellegrini’s teams – two draws and four defeats.
West Ham vs Arsenal Odds
West Ham vs Arsenal Team News
Manuel Lanzini and Winston Reid are still injured. The game will miss Fabián Balbuena, Carlos Sánchez, Jack Wilshere, Ryan Fredericks and Andriy Yarmolenko. In doubt is Javier Hernández.
For Arsenal still injured are Danny Welbeck, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Rob Holding. For the Gunners are returning Laurent Koscielny, Héctor Bellerín, Nacho Monreal, Konstantinos Mavropanos, Shkodran Mustafi and Mesut Özil.