CD Castellón will welcome Rayo Vallecano to Nou Estadi Castalia for a matchday 41 fixture in Spain Segunda División. The last meeting on 21st November 2020 ended in a Rayo Vallecano 2-1 win. Both sides have met three times in the most recent seasons. CD Castellón has won 0 matches, and Rayo Vallecano triumphed in 3. Recent outings average 3.33 goals, while both teams score 67% of the time.
CD Castellón's latest fixture against Real Zaragoza ended in an away 3-0 loss. I expected more from El Glorioso. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points.
Rayo Vallecano's recent game against Real Oviedo ended in a home 4-1 win. Los Franjirrojos dominated the game and deserved the win. Rayo Vallecano pushed forward in the second half and scored in the 8th, 38th, 45+2 and 70th minute.
Since the start of the season, Orelluts is more dominant at home. They have nine wins out of 21 games on home soil. El Inmortal's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 38% of home games.
Rayo Vallecano has picked up 12 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Rayo Vallecano wins 1.50 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is CD Castellón or Draw.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 1.95 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 35% of CD Castellón's home and Rayo Vallecano's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
CD Castellón vs Rayo Vallecano Betting Tips
CD Castellón vs Rayo Vallecano Head to Head
Average stats between CD Castellón and Rayo Vallecano in most recent 3 outings in the Spain Segunda División.
CD Castellón vs Rayo Vallecano Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between CD Castellón and Rayo Vallecano across current season. Calculated from CD Castellón's Home stats and Rayo Vallecano's Away stats.
Spain Segunda División Form
- Coming into this game, CD Castellón has picked up 0 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. CD Castellón has scored 0 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for CD Castellón ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Can CD Castellón turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 0 draws and 5 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for CD Castellón recently, with the side failing to score in 5 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- CD Castellón has fired blanks in 17 games this season. That's 40% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 0 goals.
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for CD Castellón has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 17/42 games for CD Castellón this season.
- CD Castellón will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 6 matches. During the last five games they have scored 0 times and overall this season they have scored 0.83 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, Rayo Vallecano has picked up 9 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Rayo Vallecano has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Rayo Vallecano has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 4 games.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for Rayo Vallecano ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Rayo Vallecano has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 20/46 games for Rayo Vallecano this season.
- It's likely that Rayo Vallecano will score today, as they have netted in the last 4 games coming into this one and have scored 8 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||26% / 33%||43 %||10 %|
|Draw %||19% / 17%||5 %||33 %|
|Loss %||55% / 50%||52 %||57 %|
|AVG Goals||2.12 / 1.83||1.95||2.29|
|Scored||0.83 / 0.83||1.00||0.67|
|Conceded||1.29 / 1.00||0.95||1.62|
|BTTS %||40% / 17%||24 %||57 %|
|BTTS Win||7% / 0%||10 %||5 %|
|BTTS Loss||21% / 0%||14 %||28 %|
|Scored in Both||14% / 17%||24 %||5 %|
|Scores %||60% / 50%||57 %||62 %|
|Clean Sheet %||26% / 33%||38 %||14 %|
|Frist Goal %||33% / 50%||48 %||19 %|
|Possession %||47% / 48%||46 %||47 %|
|Corners||4.62 / 4.33||4.48||4.76|
|Cards||2.29 / 1.67||2.57||2.00|
|Offsides||1.52 / 1.20||2.10||0.95|
|Fouls||13.43 / 13.60||13.19||13.67|
|Shots||7.57 / 9.67||7.14||8.00|
|Shots on Target||3.19 / 5.67||2.81||3.57|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||47% / 67%||52 %||41 %|
|Draw %||22% / 0%||17 %||27 %|
|Loss %||31% / 33%||30 %||32 %|
|AVG Goals||2.24 / 3.00||2.48||2.00|
|Scored||1.29 / 1.83||1.52||1.05|
|Conceded||0.96 / 1.17||0.96||0.95|
|BTTS %||44% / 67%||52 %||36 %|
|BTTS Win||24% / 33%||30 %||18 %|
|BTTS Loss||7% / 33%||9 %||5 %|
|Scored in Both||18% / 50%||26 %||9 %|
|Scores %||67% / 100%||74 %||59 %|
|Clean Sheet %||31% / 33%||26 %||36 %|
|Frist Goal %||40% / 83%||43 %||36 %|
|Possession %||55% / 49%||54 %||56 %|
|Corners||4.96 / 4.20||5.04||4.86|
|Cards||2.91 / 2.67||3.00||2.82|
|Offsides||2.09 / 2.80||2.13||2.05|
|Fouls||14.47 / 13.80||14.04||14.91|
|Shots||10.69 / 10.40||11.22||10.14|
|Shots on Target||4.78 / 5.00||4.96||4.59|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
CD Castellón vs Rayo Vallecano Odds
|HT 1||4.33||HT X||2.00||HT 2||2.88|
|Home Win Nil||5.50||Away Win Nil||3.10|
|Over 2.5||2.15||Under 2.5||1.67|
|BTTS Yes||2.05||BTTS NO||1.74|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.50||Under 9.5 Corners||1.48|